Summer in the Big Apple
We are back with Part 2. Enjoy!
3. The Statue of Liberty, Staten and Ellis Island
There are numerous ferry companies that can take you from NYC to these islands. Here you have detailed information about the routes and schedules of the ferry companies that provide this service:
|Depart Battery Park||Depart Liberty Island||Depart Ellis Island||Arrive Battery Park|
|10:30||11:00||Every 20 mins||11:30|
|Every 20 mins||Every 20 mins||16:00||Every 20 mins|
Cruises start as early as 08:10 and go through to 15:30. There’s more than one departure every hour so there’s no rush. Staten Island Ferries, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are some of the options to reserve your ticket, but if you prefer you can ask your travel agency or hotel concierge to give you more information.
Whichever Island you visit, I can assure you, it will be an unforgettable experience. More than 12 million immigrants entered the United States through Ellis Island, between 1892 to 1954. Who knows you might even get to trace your immigrant relatives while you’re there!
Very little to say about the Statue of Liberty for it’s an iconic representation of liberty, not just for the US. If you’re interested in the colonial buildings that NYC has to offer, the place to go is Staten Island, there are more in this borough than anywhere else in New York.
The cruise themselves are also a great trip and you get to see the skyline of Manhattan which gives you the opportunity of taking some incredible shots with your camera or mobile.
The Big Apple is one of the few cities in the world where you can find an infinite amount of international cuisines in just one block. There are amazing American Restaurants in town, such as:
- Mastro’s Steakhouse NYC – hailed by diners and critics alike as “masterful”, “high end”, “top 10 steakhouse in the U.S.” and “the preferred steakhouse of celebs and locals”
- Kingsley – new restaurant by Chef Roxanne Spruance, who creates innovative, seasonal food, while respecting and incorporating regional traditions.
- Meadowsweet – comfort food prepared by michelin star chef brought to the dynamic restaurant scene in New York
You can also find other Restaurants with great reputation such as:
- Patsy’s (Italian cuisine) – which we highly recommend, steps away from Carnegie Hall and a favourite of “Blue Eyes”, founded in 1944, this family restaurant has and is delighting the palates of many high profile patrons like Robert DeNiro, Kim Basinger, Bon Jovi or the late Mario Puzo.
- Le Bernardin (French cuisine) – preparing the freshest seafood with the simple philosophy that the fish is the star of the plate.
- Estiatorio Milos (Greek Cuisine) – Recognized as one of the finest Mediterranean seafood restaurants in the world.
Many of these restaurants offer vegetarian or vegan dishes, but if you want to go to a strictly vegetarian or vegan parlour, there are plenty of new options popping-out for you to try, such as:
- By Chloe – aims to share delicious, wholesome, plant-based food that fuels and energizes without compromising flavor, taste or satisfaction.
- Avant Garden – “While it’s wonderful to hear that a diner can hardly tell the difference between a piece of seitan and a piece of chicken, we can’t help but wonder if that’s counterproductive to the overall goal of showing the world just how delicious vegan food can be.”
- Blossom Restaurant – “At Blossom we are first and foremost animal caring and also know an organic, vegan diet encourages a healthy lifestyle.”
If you want to learn more about trips in NYC or America, you can follow us and receive fresh and interesting information on trips and vacations in America and the Big Apple’s different tours and events that take place in this unparalleled and memorable city.