Summer in the Big Apple
Spending your vacations in the Big Apple, any time of the year, is priceless. There’s always something new to see, a new restaurant to try, a new store to visit, a new play to see, just endless things to do while you are visiting throughout the year.
However, summertime in NYC just brings more joy to your trip. The weather is not too hot, nor too cold, therefore you can enjoy your day doing what you like best. Here’s a table of the average weather for the whole year in NY via http://www.holiday-weather.com:
We gave it some thought, due to certain issues that popped-up during the editing of this article and we thought that the best way to handle it; was to break it down into 2 parts. We hope that our decision, was the right one.
Without further ado, we’ll start with our tips of the beautiful summertimes in the Big Apple, when everything is ripe aided by the warmth of the sun. During these months we recommend:
- Statue of Liberty and Staten and Ellis Island
As you can see the weather for a shopping trip during the summer months is more than acceptable and Manhattan is full of shops and shopping centers where you can spend your whole day:
- 5th Avenue – Right in the center of Manhattan, this famous and memorable street has some of the most recognizable and prestigious brands. Tiffany’s, Apple, Prada, Cartier and The Trump Tower are just some of the brands that you’ll see while walking around 5th Ave. There are also other shops such as Gap, Abercrombie and Fitch, Disney Store, Banana Republic, souvenir shops and more. The easiest way to get to 5th Ave is by subway or if you are lucky enough to be staying at one of the very convenient hotels located across Manhattan, then perhaps you’d want to go walking while enjoying the lovely weather and views of NYC.
- Soho – One of the coolest and most urban neighborhoods around New York. Located in Lower Manhattan, there you will find a great variety of contemporary and trendy boutiques, galleries and restaurants.
- Times Square – Where lighting achieves its most outstanding meaning, a place that has gone through many rough times and also historical moments. In this centric spot of lights, shows and music you can also enjoy a shopping trip.
- Sales are absolutely fabulous during the summer. There are all kinds of prices for all kinds of budgets, and you don’t even have to go very far, because you can find different range prices in the same block. Main dates for those searching for a shopping spree:
July 4th Summer Sale – late June to 4th July
Back-to-school/Fall Preview Sale – last week of August
Labor Day Weekend Sale: 31th August to 3rd September Dates may vary depending on the year so, if you’re interested be sure to check dates with your tourist agent, the hotel, apartment or friends in NYC.
Shopping Guide Map
The museums are one of the major attractions in the Big Apple and rightly so; so YES they are a “Must” and these are some of the most famous and amazing ones:
- The American Museum of National History – founded in 1869, its global mission is to discover, interpret, and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world, and the universe
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – committed to sharing the most thought-provoking modern and contemporary art
- The Guggenheim – committed to innovation, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation collects, preserves, and interprets modern and contemporary art. You can also visit this unique building in Bilbao (Spain), Vencie (Italy) and in the near future Abu Dhabi
- The New Museum of Contemporary Art – believe in the essential role of culture to a free and open civil society.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of the options that you have for spending the day/s absorbing the wonderful works of art of the different painters and artists of America, the rest of the World and indulge in the incredible history they have to offer.
We hope you enjoyed this first part of the article and that the information presented is useful. You can come back to check the second part of the article or register on our site to get the latest articles including part 2 of this one.